In this annual special report, the editors of PharmaLive rank the best-selling prescription medicines by worldwide sales. As part of this report, the magazine’s editors research and compile the 2005 worldwide sales information of the prescription medicines that pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and specialty companies manufacture and sell.
The information in this report is supplied by the companies. This document provides information on 500 product sales entries representing more than 75 companies. Some products are represented more than once in the Company chart because their sales are reported separately by more than one company. In the Sales and Primary Disease/Medical Use charts, the products with more than one company are represented as one combined sales entry.
The data are sorted in three ways: by the highest product 2005 worldwide sales, by the companies that report sales for these products, and by the primary disease/medical use that each product treats.
The charts provide the following information:
• 2005 sales rank for each product
• 2005 worldwide sales for each product
• 2004 worldwide sales for each product
• Companies that report sales for each product
• Primary disease/medical use that each product treats
• First approval date or launch date of each product