Clio Health Announces 2022 Award Winners
NEW YORK— (JUNE 15, 2022) — Clio Health announced the winners of the 2022 Grand Clio Health and Clio Health Of The Year awards at a live ceremony hosted in New York City this evening. The program, which celebrates creative excellence in the highly specialized fields of health and wellness, awarded Grand Clio Health trophies to &Co. / NoA, Area 23, An IPG Health Company, Cheil PengTai Beijing, L&C, McCann Paris, The Leith Agency, Wunderman Thompson Argentina and Zulu Alpha Kilo.
For their unwavering commitment to providing compassionate sexual and reproductive healthcare messaging and services in the face of complex legal challenges and cultural adversity, Planned Parenthood Federation of America was honored with the 2022 Clio Health Vanguard Award. With this special recognition, Clio Health celebrates the organization’s efforts to protect the freedom of choice through effective communications and a narrative built around medically accurate, culturally responsive, equitable and accessible information. President and CEO Alexis McGill Johnson accepted the award on behalf of the organization and delivered a rousing acceptance speech in which she recognized, “all the storytellers in Planned Parenthood — the marketing and ad folks who make sure that every day we’re seeing you—that we see every person, no matter if they’re cis-gender, transgender, non-binary—because the expression of your own identity is going to transform the way we all see ourselves, empower individuals, reduce stigma, and influence lawmakers. It is going to take a massive cultural change to win us back our rights. That will only happen through storytelling.”
Later in the show, Jay Shetty accepted the 2022 Honorary Clio Health Award. As a #1 New York Times Bestselling Author of Think Like a Monk, host of the #1 Health & Wellness Podcast “On Purpose” and Chief Purpose Officer at Calm, Shetty was recognized for his impact on the culture of wellness. In a video acceptance speech, Jay shared his hope that more people will, “continue be inspired to use creative methods and ideas to create more synergy in the world, to inspire more compassion in the world and to create more kindness.”
The Grand Clio Health Award, the competition’s highest honor, was presented to nine entries that the Clio Health jury selected as head and shoulders above the rest of the year’s submissions. These winners were announced on stage, with representatives from each entrant on hand to accept the award.
The 2022 Grand Clio Health Awards went to:
- Branded Entertainment & Content (Health & Wellness): “The Bread Exam” by McCann Paris for Spinneys and the Lebanese Breast Cancer Foundation
- Design (Health & Wellness): “Degree Inclusive” by Wunderman Thompson Argentina for Unilever
- Experience/Activation (Consumer Brand Health Initiative): “The Cost of Bullying” by Cheil PengTai Beijing for Samsung
- Experience/Activation (Health & Wellness): “The Inevitable News” by Area 23, An IPG Health Company for The Columbia Journalism Review
- Innovation (Health & Wellness): “Tough Turban” by Zulu Alpha Kilo for Pfaff Harley-Davidson
- Out of Home (Consumer Brand Health Initiative): “Malnutrition Facts” by L&C for Dole Sunshine Company
- Out of Home (Health & Wellness): “The Extra Time Badge” by The Leith Agency for Justin Edinburgh 3 Foundation
- Public Relations (Health & Wellness): “The Bread Exam” by McCann Paris for Spinneys and the Lebanese Breast Cancer Foundation
- Social Media (Health & Wellness): “Helmet has always been a good idea” by &Co. / NoA for Danish Road Safety Council
Clio Health awards were also given out on stage for Advertiser of the Year, Agency of the Year, Independent Agency of the Year and Network of the Year. These winners were determined by identifying the entrants with the most statue points earned for work submitted across all medium types.
The 2022 Clio Health Of The Year Winners are:
- Advertiser Of the Year: Dole Sunshine Company
- Agency Of the Year: Area 23, An IPG Health Company
- Independent Agency Of the Year: L&C
- Network Of the Year: IPG Health
In addition to the statue presentations, members of Muse by Clio’s inaugural Clio Health Innovators list earned a special shout out during the night’s proceedings, with many of the 19 featured leaders driving progress in healthcare marketing receiving a round of applause from the audience of the peers.
Official sponsors of the event included Twitter, The Bloc, Havas Health & You and Columbia Care. A full list of 2022 Clio Health winners can be viewed at Clios.com/Health.
Clio is the premier international awards competition for the creative business. Founded in 1959 to celebrate creative excellence in advertising, Clio today honors the work and talent at the forefront of the industry in a variety of specialized fields, including: sports, fashion, music, entertainment, and health. As a leading authority on the diverse and ever-changing creative landscape, Clio celebrates creativity 365-days-a-year via its global ad database Ads of The World and its content platform Muse by Clio.
About Clio Health
Built on Clio’s enduring reputation for recognizing the most creative and culturally relevant marketing and communications, Clio Health was founded in 2009 to celebrate the work behind wellness. The program is a barometer for excellence in a highly specialized field, recognizing creativity that not only meets the advanced needs of consumers, but addresses the sophisticated challenges, demands and opportunities of a fast-evolving, rapidly expanding global marketplace and industry.