Edward-Elmhurst Health Announces Partnership With Outcome Health
Edward-Elmhurst Health Announces Partnership With Outcome Health, Dramatically Enhancing The Patient Experience
Patients Will Now Have Access to Critical Education Resources in the Moment of Care
CHICAGO, November 1, 2017 – Edward–Elmhurst Health, one of the largest integrated healthcare systems in Illinois, today announces a partnership with Outcome Health to transform the healthcare experience for patients and providers. Outcome Health will improve healthcare decision-making for Edward-Elmhurst’s patients by providing them with actionable health education and informational content in the moment of care.
The collaboration with Outcome Health is an important component of Edward-Elmhurst’s mission to improve the health of Chicago’s diverse communities. The health system’s 500 physicians and advanced practice clinicians provide care to more than 700,000 patients annually.
“Since the establishment of Edward-Elmhurst Health, we have remained focused on steadily improving processes and workflows for our practitioners while positively impacting the lives of our patients,” says Mary Lou Mastro, System CEO of Edward-Elmhurst Health. “Our partnership with Outcome Health is a part of our continued commitment to inspire, educate and positively affect the quality of life of thousands of patients within the Edward-Elmhurst Health network. Through the technology of Outcome Health, information will be readily accessible and support practitioners’ ability to educate patients.”
The partnership with Outcome Health enables Edward-Elmhurst Health to:
- Create a meaningful, differentiating tool to enhance the patient experience
- Improve patient communication surrounding medication options
- Utilize educational tools for patients and caregivers
- Promote Edward-Elmhurst Health’s signature “Healthy Driven” initiatives and goals
- Expand and enhance use of the MyChart portal for patients to manage appointments, check test results and communicate with their doctor”
- Support the launch of the Cardiac Innovation and Structural Heart Center™ with deliberate and strategic patient and community outreach
“Outcome Health is committed to empowering patients with actionable health intelligence in the critical moments before, during and after patients meet with their physicians,” said Rishi Shah, Co-Founder and CEO of Outcome Health. “We’re thrilled to partner with Edward-Elmhurst Health, to strengthen the patient experience directed to providing the best health outcomes at treatment centers and hospitals across the network.”
Outcome Health’s platform reaches over 230,000 healthcare professionals and consists of over 145,000 touch points that span from patient education in the waiting room to digital 3D anatomical models in the exam room. The company’s innovative technology platform includes:
- Digital exam room wallboard: delivering high-impact health education, 3-D anatomicals, disease state awareness content and details on available therapeutic options.
- Exam room tablet: offering contextual health education content for the patients.
- Waiting room screen: distributing healthy lifestyle and condition-specific programming to the moments before and after visiting with a physician.
- Patient mobile: supplying internet access in doctors’ office waiting and exam rooms.
- Infusion room tablet: providing support and comfort for patients receiving treatment in infusion centers with educational content and entertainment.
Edward-Elmhurst’s commitment to providing high-quality medical care in a comfortable, patient-centered setting will benefit from Outcome Health’s expertise leveraging digital tools at the point of care to facilitate the physician/patient dialogue and drive better outcomes for all.
About Edward-Elmhurst Health
Comprised of three hospitals – Edward Hospital, Elmhurst Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health – Edward-Elmhurst Health has annual revenues of more than $1.3 billion, nearly 70 locations across a service area of 1.7 million residents in the west and southwest suburbs of Chicago, nearly 8,500 employees, including 1,900 nurses with 2,000 physicians on staff, plus 1,300 volunteers. Edward-Elmhurst has earned a reputation as a healthcare leader by providing advanced cardiac care, state-of-the-art cancer diagnosis and treatment, and world class stroke care. Edward-Elmhurst also offers the latest imaging technology, care for critically ill newborns, minimally invasive surgery, newest clinical trials and mental health services through Linden Oaks Behavioral Health. Edward and Elmhurst are the 8th and 18th largest hospitals, respectively, in the Chicago area according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Both organizations are recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence, an honor achieved by only seven percent of the nation’s 6,000 hospitals.
About Outcome Health
Outcome Health’s mission is to activate the best health outcome possible for every person in the world through technologies that change behavior to positively shape the human condition. The company, founded in 2006 by Rishi Shah and Shradha Agarwal, serves health information and health intelligence during critical moments of care to enable patients and physicians to make the best healthcare decision possible. The company’s platform reaches 231,000 healthcare providers nationwide to impact 500 million patient visits annually. Outcome Health has offices in Chicago and New York City and partners with large healthcare systems, private physician practices, medical associations, global life sciences companies as well as pharmacies and payers.