KANSAS CITY, Mo., Feb. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Intouch Solutions, a leading marketing agency serving the pharmaceutical industry, recently identified an industry-wide trend regarding the evolution of digital sales aids (DSAs), a tool that allows organizations to efficiently deliver compelling sales presentations via tablets. After conducting two surveys, one in 2011 and another in 2015, Intouch uncovered that while most pharmaceutical representatives today are armed with tablet devices and DSAs, many are not using them effectively during physician visits.
Conducted when DSAs first arrived in the field, the 2011 survey revealed rapid adoption and high satisfaction of digital detailing. Since then, usage rates have fallen, driving the following outcomes garnered from the 2015 survey, titled “Between a Rep and a Hard Place:”
- Physicians are increasingly digitally savvy, with two-thirds of those surveyed owning two digital devices and 84 percent owning an iPad
- Fifty-one percent of respondents reported seeing the same content presented more than once by the same rep
- Two out of three physicians reported digital detailing content is not customized to their practices
Based on these results, Intouch Solutions identified opportunities to dramatically improve the effectiveness of DSAs by focusing on meeting the needs of physicians and reps. These opportunities include:
- Tailoring each call based on interaction data and insights gained over time
- Reframing, re-packaging and shining a new light on key topics of interest – such as clinical data – to further engage HCPs
- Providing flexibility for reps to customize content for each visit and easily access information to respond on the spot
“Understanding how sales reps interact with physicians is crucial insight that allows Intouch Solutions to better serve clients, physicians and patients,” said Faruk Capan, CEO of Intouch Solutions. “As the survey results exposed, there are many opportunities to improve DSAs. We look forward to addressing these opportunities in 2016 and beyond.”
This quantitative survey was conducted with 100 physicians across a variety of specialties in the United States in June 2015. For more information and to download a summary, visit here.
About Intouch Solutions Inc.
Founded in 1999, Intouch Solutions Inc. employs more than 650 individuals and is a privately held marketing agency headquartered in the Kansas City area with offices in Chicago and New York. Specializing in solutions for the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, Intouch is redefining what marketing means to these industries. Contact Intouch at [email protected] or visit them on the Web at www.intouchsol.com.